Sunday, November 24, 2019

THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE

"Which is which? 
Insanity can cause people to see ghosts or does seeing ghosts drive people insane?"

Image result for the haunting of hill house

This is the kind of horror I've always looked forward to watch. It's scary, full of suspense and well-crafted. I admire how the storyline was weaved. The cinematography is superb and the manor is truly breath-taking. I've always wanted to live in a manor. It's my dream home.

I dig horror flicks with psychological twists and transitions of present events and flashbacks. Such sharpen my calculating and gauging ability. I love how that feels. It's typical for paranormal investigators like me. We love it when our minds are being challenged.
I also love how the film suggested that not all ghosts are spirits of those that died. They can be the dark secrets and guilt we were hiding that need to mend because they will keep on coming back to haunt us and steal our joy and peace over and over again.
My original plan is to just check an episode or 2 because I hate watching sequels. I get pretty impatient whenever I do so and I would just keep forwarding the motion picture. But when the first episode started rolling, I was suddenly bewitched and I was glued to my sit waiting for what's next, what was and what is to come.

The Crain family tried to move on from the trauma of their past which broke them when they were still living in the Hill House. But the house keeps absorbing them back no matter how they tried to detach themselves from it. Having a lot of histories of death and insanity, the house became a host to the ghosts of its past owners and residents. When the Crain family decided to face the past and get past those dark times of their lives did they experience freedom from the powerful evil that oppressed them throughout the years and obtain clarity and acceptance that they were not just a nut loose family but the house is really being ruled by dark unseen forces.

And the haunting stopped when their past stopped following them.

No comments: