Saturday, December 7, 2019

THE POSSESSION OF HANNAH GRACE

Image result for the possession of hannah grace

I went on a diet when it comes to watching horror movies about demon possessions because I find that most of their plots are nearly the same. Not to mention, they show the same scenarios most of the time e.g. possessed women seducing men including their fathers and priests, rolling heads, floating bodies, a lot of abominable languages, gluttony, too much screaming, to mention a few. So, I got sick of them.  Whenever I see possession movie on my Netflix homepage, I would automatically snob it, dismissing it as another garbage that doesn't deserve my precious time.

But since The Possession of Hannah Grace kept appearing on my homepage especially on the recommendations category like it's begging to be noticed, I decided to give in with my fingers crossed, hoping that this one will be somewhat different...and I wasn't disappointed.

A former policewoman who's been struggling with addiction, frustrations from her failed relationship and the bitterness of blaming herself for the death of her police operation partner. She decided to do a career change and started working in a morgue as a night shift attendant where a strange cadaver was delivered. She started experiencing uncanny phenomena since that cadaver arrived. Her curiosity lead her to discover the mystery behind the carcass which seemed to be badly treated when it was still living.

At the end of the film, it is shown that killing the possessed and destroying its body does not stop the demon from wreaking havoc since it will only find a new suitable target.

No comments: