Friday, September 12, 2014

I Wouldn't Want to Say Goodbye to Nino



I never liked heavy dramas; however, I am a big fan of light and heart-warming soaps, especially if they teach viewers powerful life lessons. And this is one of the things I liked about Nino.

This GMA7 show starred Miguel Tangelix as an inspiring teen who, in spite of his retardation, touched and changed the hearts of many. His foster parents brought him up in love and taught him how to be a good person despite the challenges brought about by the narrow-minded people around him.

Nino would always wear a smile on his lips, promote peace and forgiveness wherever he goes, and remind people to look at the brighter side of life at all times. He was known by everyone in their town because of his lovable characteristics.

His life may have been short but it became so meaningful because in every step he takes, he never fails to help and make people happy.

I was never able to watch Nino on a regularly basis because of work but whenever I get the chance, I would. I always get impressed at the remarkable acting shown by the actors. All of them gave justice to their roles. I was very much saddened now that a show like this had to end...and the ending is quite tragic because Nino had to sacrifice his life to save the whole town of Barangay Pagasa.

On Nino's funeral, everyone talked about how they will miss his happy nature and the inspiration he gave the community. So do I. I will miss him too. I wish that TV networks will continue to produce more inspiring shows such as this one. Though it hasn't been aired for a long period of time, the time I spent watching it became truly worthwhile.



The author, Jade Martin, is the founder and creator of Center for Paranormal Studies, Profilers of the Unknown and Intramuros Ghost Walk. She is also a Businesswoman, Life and Business Coach, Author, Singer and Songwriter, Ghost Tour Operator, Paranormal Investigator and Consultant, Energy Healer, Hypnotherapist, Past Life Regressionist, Numerologist and Tarot Reader.


No comments: