Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pacquiao-Marquez III - A Fight to Remember

I admit. Pacquiao-Marquez III is the only Pacman fight that made me extremely nervous. I am certain that every Pacman fan felt the same. Why? It is because I was disenchanted to see an unusual Manny Pacquiao on the ring; lacking the typical power and aggression that I always see in him whenever he fights, or is it just because he’s finally met his match? 

Both fighters are tough and they fought very well. I've nothing to say but praises to both of them because they were able to give boxing fans like me a first-rate combat that is truly worth watching. They never failed to impress me in every round. It was indeed a blow by blow fight. Marquez never left the blows that Pacman delivered unanswered. This is one of the factors that made this big event exciting to watch.

I eagerly waited for this day because I wanted to know who the better fighter is. Seeing the performance of the both of them, I started to think that whoever among them wins wouldn't really matter at all. They are both very good and deserving; but being a Filipina, of course I want Pacquiao to win; and he did, just as I thought, by a majority decision. I somehow knew that this time, he won't be able to knock the epic Mexican boxer down. After hearing the decision, the only thing that I was able to do is give out a sigh of relief. At last, the torture is over. The tension is gone.

Juan Manuel Marquez lost on the technical aspect but for me, he isn’t a loser after all. He wasn’t able to bring home the title but he brought home dignity because he will now be remembered as the only fighter who made it quite difficult for Pacquiao to protect his crown. He really gave him a hard time and a serious pain in the neck.

Honestly, I wasn’t really happy to hear that there will be another Pacquiao-Marquez showdown. In fact, the first thing that came into my mind then is, “Why can’t this Mexican boxer accept the fact that it’s over and Pacman won over him?” On the contrary, after watching this bout, I understood where JMM is coming from. I realized that he has all the right in the world to call for this challenge. 

I don’t want to sound judgmental nor exaggerated; but I think JMM is the only fighter on the ring who has the right to repeatedly challenge Manny. That is because he knows he’s got the potential to beat the Pinoy Pride. Well, it wasn't a bad try after all :-) It was undeniably a very good attempt. He almost made it. In fact, he believes he is the real winner. Who can ever blame him?

I really disliked the idea of doing Pacquiao-Marquez III before; but now, I am eager to see a Part IV. Not because I want any of the 2 fighters to prove anything; but simply because they’re truly a match. I'd truly enjoy watching them making a stand on the ring for whatever they are fighting for. I don’t even care if there will be a V and a VI. 

I wish Marquez will call for another challenge; only this time, I hope he’ll be a good sport ^_^

2 comments:

antonnettemira said...

Their fight is really the best fight of 2011.
Ann
Philippines Boxing News

Jade Martin said...

It was; however, I understand that for those who are anticipating a knock out from Pacman, they find the fight boring.